Loopy Loyalty allows you to ask your customers if they agree that their personal data may be used for direct marketing purposes.
To enable this feature simply follow these instuctions:
- Navigate to the Data tab, and scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Make sure the toggle is enabled, as shown in the image below.
If you do want to link to an external site, we recommend using the second code example (i.e. with target="_blank"); if the customer clicks on the link it will open that web page in another browser window. This makes it easier for your customer to navigate back to your loyalty card registration page.
Data Consent Options
We provide 3 options for Data Consent as shown in the images below. The image in the phone (on the right of each image) shows what your customer will see on their phone when first landing on your loyalty program sign up page.
1. Data Consent Enabled and checked by default
Your customers will need to uncheck the box if they don't want to share their data.
2. Data Consent Enabled and unchecked by default
Your customers will need to check the box if they want to share their data.
3. Data Consent Disabled
Your customers will not be asked for their consent to share their data.
If data consent is enabled, Customers who do not give their consent will not receive lockscreen messages
If you have enabled the data consent feature, your customer will NOT receive lockscreen messages if they do not agree to your privacy statement. i.e.
- In option 1 above, your customer unchecks the data consent box before tapping Join Now
- In option 2 above, your customer keeps the data consent box unchecked before tapping Join Now.
Important note: The above is only true if the data consent feature is enabled. If data consent is disabled all your customers will receive lockscreen messages.
Other useful articles
When do you need to seek consent?
What happens when a customer does not agree to sharing data for promotional purposes? (article coming soon)